lifestyle tips for whiter teeth
Five Teeth Whitening Tips From Closeup
You should never underestimate the power of beautifully white teeth. There are times when a smile is your only chance at making a lasting impression. That’s why you should always be ready with stain-free, perfectly white teeth.
The most common obstacle to flashing the perfect smile is yellow stains on your teeth. There are many lifestyle choices that lead to yellowing teeth – what you eat, smoking, and bad oral hygiene can all contribute to the buildup of stains on your otherwise pristinely white teeth. The good news here is that this is all under your control.
Here are teeth whitening tips that will help keep your smile beautifully white.
1. Take on a crunchy diet. Eating fibrous fruits and vegetables like apples, carrots, and celery is a natural – not to mention healthy – way to whiten your teeth. This kind of food is naturally abrasive. Every time you chew, these clean the surfaces of your teeth with a gentle scrub that doesn’t harm the enamel of your teeth making your teeth cleaner and whiter.
2. Don’t forget to use a straw! Beverages like red wine, coffee, and tea can seep into the enamel of your teeth causing a bit of a discolouration. One of the simplest teeth whitening tips out there is to always use a straw when drinking coloured drinks that may stain your teeth. Additionally – right after enjoying your coloured drink, it’s always a good idea to wash it down with some water.
3. Don’t skip flossing! If you’re serious about making your teeth whiter, don’t be lazy. Flossing helps keep your teeth clean and white. Staining can happen because bits of food get stuck between your teeth. If you don’t floss, these can eventually harden into tartar and can cause tooth decay and discolouration. So do your pearly whites a favour and don’t skip flossing.
4. It’s all in the fashion. A perfectly white smile may be achieved by wearing the right colours. Avoid bright white shirts as these can emphasize any discolouration on your teeth. Instead, wear something in a cream or off-white shade as these will reduce the contrast. Nifty trick, but always remember that nothing beats a healthy oral hygiene routine!
5. Use the right whitening toothpaste. Brushing your teeth is the most important part of keeping your teeth beautifully white. So make sure you use the right toothpaste, one that’s specially-formulated to keep your teeth white. Use Closeup Deep Action Toothpaste with Micro Shine Crystals that removes stains giving you a brighter, whiter smile. It also has Active Zinc Mouthwash that kills up to 99% of germs that cause bad breath.